I stopped into Goodwill a couple of weeks ago and found this adorable little chair hidden underneath a comforter. Not sure if someone was "hiding" it and planning to come back for it later, but when I saw it I couldn't pass it up. Besides the price tag was pretty sweet too -- $4.25! Then I got an extra 10% off because I carried it out to my car myself .
As I started removing the seat cover, I noticed another layer of fabric. By the time I was done, there were four layers of fabric. In between two of the layers was some type of cotton batting - it looked nothing like any batting I'm familiar with as a quilter. The final padding layer wasn't like anything I have come across either - very compressed - and almost like cotton "plywood".
I picked up a quart of black semi-gloss paint at Walmart for less than $10.00 and I barely used any of it to paint the chair. The fabric was out of my stash and I used leftover batting from previous quilting project for the padding.
I think it came out pretty nice. Not sure where I'm going to set it just yet, but I'm sure I'll find a corner where it will look perfect!
I'm hoping to tackle a couple of more projects over the next week or so that have been placed on the back burner. I had to send my "baby" to the manufacturer in Iowa for some major repairs so I won't be able to work on customer quilts until she comes back sometime next week.
So don't be surprised if you see a few more projects posted over the next few days! I'm not planning on going out anywhere as this is what it looks like in our "neck of the woods".