First up is a quilt top that I pulled from one of my "To Be Quilted" bins. I pieced this 70" square quilt top in 1994. It's a watercolor log cabin. Notice the MAUVE centers in the blocks. I couldn't afford to have it quilted back then, so I just held on to it. I quilted it using a pantograph pattern called "Florine's Flowers" (which looks rather "watercolory" -- is that a word?) and used a variegated thread in pastel pinks, yellows, blues, and greens. Finished it off with a 3/4" finished binding. I think it looks great!
Next I quilted a throw that I made as a sample for Fabric Town. We got some charm squares in and they weren't selling; so, I made this quick and easy throw. We'll be putting together a kit this week for this sweet little quilt. The colors in the quilt are yummy -- chocolate browns, cherry reds, pinks, and soothing aquas ! I quilted it using a new pantograph I recently purchased called "Hyacinth - Grande" -- very botanical! I used a tan thread so it would blend nicely with all of the colors in the quilt.
I also had a chance to finish up a top that I had started a couple of years ago called "Brick by Brick". It's very scrappy and uses primarily 4 x 7.5 inch "bricks" to make up the blocks. Watch for pictures of that one too! And, I finished up the blocks in another throw I had started back in April using a jelly roll pack from the "Snippets" line by American Jane fabrics. I got the blocks sewn together and started putting on the borders. Maybe I'll get than one finished up this weekend!
So, you see I had a VERY productive weekend working on MY stuff . . . something I don't get to do all that often.
Now it's back to working on customer quilts this week! I actually quilted four projects yesterday -- okay, so three of them were baby-sized quilts, but still . . . that's four less customer projects to get done this week!